Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I am getting there...

This past weekend I felt defeated.  I felt like I was doing everything wrong, and I came home from church mentally tired and frustrated.  Serving in leadership positions can be so wearing, and some days I find myself really unsure if I can do it another day.  I was not born with a backbone you see, so I find myself letting people walk all over me and it frustrates me that I can't just say what I am thinking! I don't want to be rude about things, but I just want to be honest.  (I am going to work on that as well I think this year.)

I was telling my mom about some things, and she gave me some really great advice, "Don't try to fix it all right now; just keep working on things!" Just what I needed to hear.  I tend to try to "fix" everything all the time because I don't like to see things broken.  It frustrates me.  But I know what my mom said is right.  I can't fix everything at one time, so I going to try and stop doing so! Easier said than done right? But I will get there.

I am grateful for really awesome and wise mothers aren't you? I hope I can be the kind of mom to my kids as my mom is to me.  Then I will know I am doing ok:)

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

you can practice your backbone on me! anywho i hope im helpful!

The Chambers said...

Before and I got married and even into our marriage I was just like this. I couldn't say no, I didn't want to be rude, I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings by speaking up, or telling them what I thought, etc etc. Tra' and his family on the other hand are very good at that. I was scared at first to step up and speak my mind, but I am reaping its benefits. the first time to say no, or what I thought was excruciatingly HARD. It just gets easier each time and now I have gotten really good and discerning what I can handle and can't, and making wiser choices on the spot. Long story short...I know EXACTLY what you are saying. I think we both just have soft hearts and want to make everything perfect and everyone happy. Hang in there sweet thing! :O)