It is hard to tell from these pictures, but these pictures were taken when Deagan was very sick, but the sunshine could not keep him down!
We were in the DC area last weekend looking for a place to live, and the morning that we left Deagan started complaining about having a soar throat. My first thought was that he had strep throat since it has been running rampant through the area lately, but we had to get down to DC. I just prayed that it wasn't strep throat, and dosed him up with ibuprofen.
The drive down to DC was pretty awful; he was miserable and there was nothing I could do to help him. He wasn't really eating or drinking anything because it hurt too bad. It was awful seeing him the way that he was.
That night, I decided that we had to take him to an urgent care or something because he was so miserable and he was shaking and cold because he had such a high fever. We stayed with a family there, and they were so great to us. The wife drove me to an urgent care, but they would not take my insurance. He was so miserably sick, and I knew we had to get something for him so off to the ER we went.
I seriously feel like we were so blessed when we got there though. A normal ER visit is suppose to be LONG right? Well we were in and out of the ER in just over an hour!! My motherly instinct was right because he did in fact have strep throat. I was so happy to finally have some answers and some medicine to help him feel better!
A couple of days later, he was feeling better and it was as if nothing had happened. I love modern medicine!!
The only issue we have had is getting Deagan to take his medicine. He HATES it, and we have had to pin him down to get it down his throat. How awful is that? Talk about feeling like the worst parents in the world. But there was no way we could explain the whole idea of having to finish all of his antibiotics. He is a couple of days away from him being done with his antibiotics, and we are really looking forward to that day!
I feel like we were almost spoiled with our first ER visit with it being so short, but I am so grateful that it happened that way!!

No comments:
Post a Comment