What a weekend!!! Just as the title says, it was a fun, crazy, and productive weekend. It is hard being back from vacation, but now we are moving forward with a plan! It always feels good to have a direction to move towards don't you think?
Highlights of the trip:
-We left Friday morning around 6 am. We had an apt to see an apartment at 1, so we had to hit the roady early to make it to DC on time. Deagan woke up saying he had a soar throat, and I suspected something was up. We had to get on the road though, so we just prayed that he would be healthy enough to travel.
-We got into the area we were looking at in plenty of time. However, the Maryland side of DC was not really our favorite, so apt hunting on Friday was a flop.
-We started heading to the house where we would be staying and got caught in DC traffic on a Friday afternoon. Not smart. It took us 3 HOURS to get to the house when it should have only taken an hour. Lesson learned!
-A motor cade drove past us while we were stuck in traffic. I swear it was the President, but both Deagan and Greg doubt me. I am sticking with my story though:)
-We stayed with the nicest family I have every met. They were so good to us, and made us feel right at home. We only met them this weekend (they are family of some friends of ours) and they feel like family to us.
-We had to take Deagan to the ER on Friday night because that soar throat turned into much more. He could hardly eat or drink, and I think he was getting dehydrated. He was diagnosed with strep throat, and has been battling that ever since.
-We fell in love with the VA side of DC and found a place there! I feel in love with our apartment as soon as I saw it. I can't wait to move there now! We have the apartment as of May 1st, but we can't move in until the 17th. Which means we will end up paying rent for our place here and that place in May. Not the greatest thing, but what can you do?
-We went to the National Zoo and saw gorillas! Really, that is all we saw. The zoo was packed the day we went, and we had promised Deagan we would go see them. So we saw them and left. We figured we will live close to it this summer and will go back a lot to make up for that;)
It will take some time adjusting to life over there, but we are excited for the change. It is going to be a crazy month though as we get ready to move! Wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment