This has been the longest month of sickness it seems. Just when the kids were getting better Deagan woke up in the middle of the night on Tuesday crying because his ear hurt. He has had so many issues with his ears since he was born that he hates having his ears touched, so he wouldn't let me put in any drops or put a warm compress on his ear. As a result he was up pretty much all night. I felt so bad for him but it was kind of frustrating because he wouldn't let me help him. I am just not my best person at night I realized.
Kayden had a dr apt the next morning for immunizations so it really was good timing to get Deagan in. They wouldn't look at Deagan's ears those because he didn't have an apt. While I understand "policy" it was incredibly frustrating. We were able to get an apt for an hour later, so I was very grateful for that. Deagan cried the whole time though. As soon as we walked in for Kayden's apt he started crying and didn't stop until his apt. I am sure I looked like such a great mom then. :) When the dr came in to look at his ears he stopped crying and was very brave. I was so proud of him. They diagnosed him with a double ear infection, so I am very glad we took him in. The bright spot in all of it was that we had a credit on our account so i didn't have to pay a co-pay. What a sweet little blessing that was!
After some confusion in getting his medicine we finally got what he needed and two days later he is himself again. He is so much more pleasant when he feels well, but who isn't?? I just hopes this doesn't become a recurrent thing because he will have to get tubes again if that is the case, and he would really hate that. Fingers crossed his ears stay healthy!
1 comment:
Ugh! I feel your pain - was in the Dr today - both David and Rebekah double ear infection! Good luck! I hope he gets better and doesn't have to have tubes again (we did that too - with James) Miss you all lots!
Post a Comment