Late this evening, Kayden woke up and felt soo hot. We checked his temp and it was 104. We called our doc and with the symptoms we described he wanted us to take him to the ER. So I took him while Greg stayed here with a sleeping Deagan.
Surprisingly, we did not wait at all to be seen. I was so grateful for that. He was really scared of the whole experience though. There were so many people in and out of our room doing different things to him. Everyone was super nice, but they were all strangers. Poor thing cried through the whole thing. He had a throat culture , nose culture, and an xray to check for phenomia (sp?). None of those tests are really kid friendly.
He was so cute while we waited for the results though. He was asking about Deagan and Daddy and looking at pictures of them on my phone and telling me they were taking a nap. (In Kayden language of course that actually sounded like, "Deedan. Daddy. Nap".) He loves his family!
All tests came back negative. They diagnosed him with an upper respiratory infection; 2nd one this month! I am glad that he is "fine" but our copayment was $125 for this visit, and for that price it would have been nice to have been sent home with something to "fix" him. :). This is the 2nd time we have taken him to an urgent care/ER in the past month and both times we have paid out of the you know where just to be told there is nothing they can do. I guess unless someone is bleeding or obviously in some sort of emergency we will not be going to an ER/ urgent care any time soon again. But in that moment where your child seems really ill and just keeps getting worse, you don't really know what to do. I am just glad he will get better soon.
Our health has been bad it seems since we moved here and we have had a lot of unexpected health expenses lately. It's stressful. On the drive home from the ER I was definitely feeling overwhelmed about the price of our visit. I prayed though to help me see the big picture here and prayed that would be able to make it through another unexpected expense. I am holding onto my faith here that my prayer will be answered.
We are all home and Kayden is in bed, but I wanted to record our experience. I am hoping that by doing so, one day I will look back and see how far I have come and how much has changed.
I am praying that we will all get some rest now because we are all running on fumes here.


2 comments:
Oh my gosh! Sorry to hear about all that! We hope Kayden is okay. Let us know if you need anything. We'll definitely make sure you guys get your date next week!
I'm so sorry to hear about your recent bout of bad luck with sickness. I always end up taking my kids in when they're sick, too. It's just so scary!
On a side note...I LOVE YOUR HAIR, MICHELLE!!! You look so sophisticated! And older. Older in a good way, not an old lady way :) You look fantastic.
Hope things get easier soon.
Post a Comment