Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sickness and New Hair

I feel like a broken record but our boys are sick again this weekend. Kayden is the worst, but Deagan has similar symptoms. Kayden was only healthy for 2 weeks for getting sick again. Poor guy. He has a super high fever, a croupy cough, and a runny nose. He is just miserable, and to be honest, everyone else in our family is too.
Greg gave Kayden a blessing tonight in which he talked about how getting these sicknesses helps our bodies develop immunities to the sickness in the future. He also talked about how some of greatest trials in this life are I'm relation to out bodies, but on the contrast our bodies are one if the greatest gifts from our Father in Heaven. I just loved that. It reminded me of the scripture (that I can't think of now) that says there is opposition in all things. We can't experience health without sickness. It is hard for us in the moment right now but it is a great reminder that there is always a bigger picture that we can't see. I am grateful that God is in charge and not me.

So the next part of this post is not nearly as deep, but I cut my hair short. This is a big step for me, but I love it. I have come to accept that I just can't have long hair with the hair I was born with. And that's ok :)

4 comments:

Sister Chelsea Marie Akin said...

I'm sorry that Kayden is sick again, but that is really powerful what Greg said in the blessing. Also, I love your hair! Seriously, it is way cute!

Rachelle said...

soooooper cute hair! i love it! you foxy lady!

Rachelle said...

soooooper cute hair! i love it! you foxy lady! what inspired words from Greg. hit the nail on the nose with that one.

Dawn said...

Love the short hair! I looks so young and fun on you.