Sunday, March 2, 2008

Oatmeal Cookies!

My new found passion is cooking and baking.  After watching the Food Network channel for a while now, I have learned a few tricks that have really inspired me to cook more, and now I love it!  Poor Greg because he gets to be the guinea pig as I try out recipe after recipe.  Being the sweet husband that he is, he eats the food that I make, but I find out a few days later that he actually didn't like it at all when I try to make it again.  Funny guy.  I am always looks for new recipes, so anyone who has any good recipes that they would like to share, post them! 
 I found this recipe for oatmeal cookies yesterday, and they are actually healthy for you! Try them for yourselves and see what you think.  They are definitely different from your traditional oatmeal cookies, but still pretty tasty!

Recipe:

Egg-Free Low-Fat Oatmeal Cookies.

Ingredients:

1/4 c packed brown sugar
1/4 c white sugar
3/4 cup applesauce
1 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 c rolled oats
1/2 c raisins

1-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2-Stir together brown sugar, white sugar, and applesauce.  In separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.  Stir in the applesauce mixture.  Add rolled oats and raising.
3-Bake for 10 minutes or until browned.

Enjoy!


I actually made these with chocolate chips today because I didn't have any raisins, so they aren't as healthy as they could be, but I was pleasantly surprised!

1 comment:

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

You are totally eating healthy, even with your cookies. Now I feel bad. I make treats all the time, but I make them as fattening as possible. I don't think I could change, even if i tried. I love fat food!