Greg is at a concert tonight with a friend, so I have the evening to myself. I was kind of nervous about being here alone, but it has actually been a pretty nice evening. I don't particularly like to be by myself that often, but it has given me a chance to get a lot of things done that I have wanted to. Deagan is in bed, I am watching "Sleepless is Seattle," and I have the luxury of spending some "me time:" Very much needed I might add.
It is hard to believe that our time in Seattle is coming to an end. It is a weird feeling because it feels like we just got here, and at the same time it feels like we have been here forever. Someone once told me, and I can't remember who, that once you have children the days seem long but the weeks seem too fast. I have now realized just how true that is. This week has pretty a pretty hard week for someone for me emotionally. The weather hasn't been all that great and I have just had some "blah" days. It is hard being here all day with not a whole lot to do. I have said this before, but I am so glad that I have Deagan with me because I am not sure how I would be able to handle this time here. I know that I am at my limit when not being able to find a place to get my hair cut almost brings me to tears. Pretty pathetic I know. Greg gave me a blessing, and things have been much better since then. It is so easy to lose perspective and to get caught up on the small things. For me, I seem to do this a little too often. How grateful I am for the priesthood that helps brings that perspective back into my life. We also had the chance to go to the temple last night, and that also helped a ton. I am reminded of a talk by Elder Bednar about "Tender Mercie" because I feel like I have had a lot of these lately. I talked to my sister tonight, who is by far the best sister that I could have been blessed with, and she helped remind me of these "tender mercies." She is such an example to me. Things are going up now, and I am becoming more and more anxious to set foot in our apartment in Rexburg and to see family and friends that I have missed so much.
So if you have made it this far in what probably seems like an entry from my journal, we have some new pictures of our little guy. He is such a blessing to us!
His expressions are just so cute to me. They change constantly. If only I could capture every one of them to cherish for memories.
He is very flexible, and his favorite thing to do lately is to play with his toes. Sometimes they even make great pacifiers. This isn't a very good picture of it, but he was sucking on his toes, and smiling.
It is hard to believe that our time in Seattle is coming to an end. It is a weird feeling because it feels like we just got here, and at the same time it feels like we have been here forever. Someone once told me, and I can't remember who, that once you have children the days seem long but the weeks seem too fast. I have now realized just how true that is. This week has pretty a pretty hard week for someone for me emotionally. The weather hasn't been all that great and I have just had some "blah" days. It is hard being here all day with not a whole lot to do. I have said this before, but I am so glad that I have Deagan with me because I am not sure how I would be able to handle this time here. I know that I am at my limit when not being able to find a place to get my hair cut almost brings me to tears. Pretty pathetic I know. Greg gave me a blessing, and things have been much better since then. It is so easy to lose perspective and to get caught up on the small things. For me, I seem to do this a little too often. How grateful I am for the priesthood that helps brings that perspective back into my life. We also had the chance to go to the temple last night, and that also helped a ton. I am reminded of a talk by Elder Bednar about "Tender Mercie" because I feel like I have had a lot of these lately. I talked to my sister tonight, who is by far the best sister that I could have been blessed with, and she helped remind me of these "tender mercies." She is such an example to me. Things are going up now, and I am becoming more and more anxious to set foot in our apartment in Rexburg and to see family and friends that I have missed so much.
So if you have made it this far in what probably seems like an entry from my journal, we have some new pictures of our little guy. He is such a blessing to us!
His expressions are just so cute to me. They change constantly. If only I could capture every one of them to cherish for memories.
I was changing his clothes, and we were having kind of a battle with putting some new clothes on. I decided to let him play for a little bit with just his diaper, and he loved it! He is rolling and moving like crazy lately, so diaper changes have been very frustrating for both of us.
I don't know what to say about this picture other than that I love this little guy so much! His smile just makes me smile!
6 comments:
I think I have been feeling really the same way. Q and I have been stuffed up in this tiny apartment and I just can't wait to get out. Even my body feels sick from not being out and being active. I can't wait for warmer weather and the chance to go out! Maybe things will look better this week for the both of us.
Oh, Michelle you are a strong girl. I really admire you for doing what you are doing. The idea of having children terrifies me but you do it so well. No matter where people are at in life they have down times, but know that I think of you as an example of motherhood for me in the future. You're great!
Hey thanks for complimenting me. I have been having one of those "drag myself down" days. I hate when I do that to myself. Your little post made me a little happier, so thanks for that. You are a great example and strength to all around you.
This little guy just melts my heart!!!!!! You are one amazing person Chell!!!!!!!
So, you'll let me stay with you for the summer instead of letting me go to WA and have no friends or family to keep me happy... Please? Blech. It's nice to know that I'm not alone in that situation. I'm also glad you survived. That gives me hope.
Hey Michelle, Deagan is huge. I watched that video and realized I haven't seen him forever. Look forward to seeing you guys at Teri's wedding. Make sure you bring Greg too.
Post a Comment