My grandparent on my dad's side started a tradition of having a family Christmas party 56 years ago. The party is always held before Christmas and everyone on my dad's side of the family that can meets at my grandparents house. I have so many fond memories of this tradition from when I was growing up. It is something that I have always looked forward to, so I was excited to bring my little family to the party this year. (This is is the first Christmas since we have been married that we have spend Christmas in Wyoming, so Greg has never been to one of these shindigs.) It was fun to see family that I hardly ever see and to celebrate this special time of year. It was a bitter sweet time though because my grandpa was not able to attend since he is now in a nursing home. I always remember him sitting in his reclining chair sleeping as we opened presents, and I really missed having him there. There was definitely a void there since he was not there.
My little brother on Santa's lap.
Greg and Deagan enjoying some time together as everyone opens gifts.
Deagan exlporing my grandma's house.
Playing with my cousin's little girl. They are only a couple of months a part in age, so it was fun to see them play together!
No comments:
Post a Comment