Thursday, January 21, 2010

Updates

Ever since Greg gave me the book of our blog for the year 2009, I have gotten a greater resolve to keep this blog updated with our everyday life.

So with that said, here is a list of the recent happenings in the Nelson home:

*Greg started school again on the 19th of this month. He was off school for a whole month! It was so nice to have him home so much and to be able to do so much together as a family. We were use to BYU-I's Christmas break which was only like 2 weeks, so it was a nice change! The day before he went back I was so depressed about him going back for some reason. I don't like having him gone all the time. I would spend forever with just him if I could, but this is a necessary step for our future. However, I woke up Tuesday morning and I was surprised to feel not depressed about him being gone but excited about all the fun things that Deagan and I were going to do that day. The night before when we were saying our couple prayer, Greg prayed for me about being home without him, and I know his prayer was answered, as was mine.

*Deagan and I have been having so much fun together these past couple of days. I am so grateful to be a stay at home mom because it gives me the freedom to be able to do so much with Deagan that I would not be able to if I worked.

It is so fun to be here with Deagan because he changes to much and it is so fun to see. I love how much his imagination has gotten lately. It is so funny the things that he thinks of when we are playing. He talks really well now, and he loves to tell stories. He is so sweet to me.

*Greg found out this past week that he was given the chance to serve as an intern in the U.S. Embassy in Honduras for 10 weeks this summer. We are still waiting to here back about more specifics, but have been thinking a lot about him doing it. It really is such a great thing for what he wants to do in the future because his dream is to work in foreign U.S. Embassies for the Foreign Service Department. It would put him in the perfect position for a job after he graduates which would be such a blessing! The timing of it though isn't the greatest because our little guy will only be about a month old when he would have to leave. In the e-mail that Greg got about the internship, they had a lot of information about Honduras. It talked about how it can be kind of dangerous, just like any other big city, and that there is a possibility of being exposed to a variety of sicknesses like Malaria, Hepatitis, etc. We both felt after reading that that if he was to do this, I would stay back with our two little boys. This is not at all what we want, and we always said we would never do that, but now we don't know what to do. We have been praying a lot about it and hopefully as we get more information we will be able to make a decision as guided by the Spirit.

*I am 31 weeks a long now! Getting closer! This little guy is very active which is great because I know he is healthy and doing well, but it also means that I am so uncomfortable a lot. I feel like he kind of dropped a little bit this past week because before this week I felt he was right in my ribs and it was hard to breathe at times, but I haven't felt that all week and I feel like he is sitting a lot lower now. I am feeling pretty good all things considering. I have noticed though lately that I can't go as hard as I normally do or like to do. I don't consider myself a sedentary person, and I really like to be active and to be doing something, but I find myself paying for keeping up that kind of lifestyle in the afternoons. I need to start napping during Deagan's naps I have decided because I have been using that time lately to clean and catch up around the apartment, but it always turns out that I am SOO exhausted when Deagan wakes up. I feel blessed that I still feel able to do so much right now, and I hope that this feeling continues for a while.

*I have been busy with church stuff, mom stuff, and wife stuff lately. I have been working on Pursuit #1 from my other blog a lot, and I am loving it! It is such a great feeling to accomplish a goal that I have set for myself. If nothing else, this experience will teach me how to make and keep goals that I have set for myself.

*It is hard to believe that January is almost over! The baby really will be here before we know it! I can't wait! We still need to get a few things before he can be born, so I can wait until we have that stuff, but I just can't wait to see his sweet little face.

*It seems that we have had a pretty mild winter so far here, which has been great because we were expecting the worse. Granted we still have a few more months left of winter, but we are surviving a Syracuse winter so far. We really love it here, and feel so blessed to be in this area. It really feels like home right now.

Have a great Thursday!

2 comments:

Kamey V said...

I just wanted to let you know that the Lord is with you. Go to the temple to see if Greg should go on that internship. Less then 24 hours after my baby was born, my husband had to leave to start a job, and we didn't move until my baby was 2.5 months old. It was hard, but I learned a lot from it. The Lord knows what you can handle, and he's there for you always. Good luck.

Dawn said...

Bryan lived in New York for 9 weeks just six months into our marriage. It was really hard yes, but it turned out to be a tremendous growth opportunity for us and for our marriage. Decisions like that are really hard but the Lord takes care of you.

Oh, and Bryan served his mission in Honduras and loves it there. He wanted me to let Greg know that if he can pay for the flight - Bryan would love to show in the country. ;)