Saturday, October 30, 2010

400th Post/ Ear Infection/ Conversation with kids

Well this is my 400th post! Pretty crazy.  Too bad I am not that kind of blogger that gives away prizes because now that would just be even cooler! Here is to 400 more posts!

************************************************************************************

Our boys have bad ears.  It is just the way they were born and they just can't help it.  K has had a runny nose/congestion since last weekend, and then yesterday he developed a fever.  He did not sleep well last night, so I took him to an urgent care at 7 this morning.  They confirmed that he has another ear infection, which makes it 3 for him and he is only 7 1/2 months! D had close to 12 before he was 2 1/2, and we put tubes in his ears.  It seems that we may be following that same path here.

Since they get ear infections so often, the nurse prescribed a higher antibiotic and it seems that it just does not sit well with K's stomach because he threw it all up; all over me.  Those who know me know that I do NOT do well with throw up, and so far I have managed to not have either kid throw up on me.  My poor husband has had that pleasure a few times unfortunately.  But my luck ran out and I was the lucky one today.  In the moment it didn't bother me because it happened so fast and I just felt really bad that he was not feeling well, but now I am on puke alert and anytime I see him make a face that slightly resembles a throw up face my heart races.  I am so lame, but this is a real struggle for me! Lets just hope that it was the medicine that didn't agree with him and that a stomach bug did not hit our house.  I feel bad too because we were at a friend's house for a Halloween party when he threw up, so I hope we didn't infect them either! Oh joy!

**********************************************************************************

We had our ward trunk or treat last night, and D hit the jack pot with candy.  We have been trying to limit him on how much he eats, since he would be happy to just sit down and eat the whole bag in one sitting.  At one point he came up to me with his hands behind his back and this is the conversation that followed:

D: "Mommy, I have something in my hands!"
Me: "Oh yea, what do you have?"
D: "I can't tell you!" (He has a huge smile on his face at this point because he knows he is being really sneaky:)
Me: "Is it candy?"
D: "Yea!!" (I think he forgot that he wasn't suppose to tell me:)

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

poor kayden :( i want to see pictures of the trunk or treat!