Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday Routine

Mondays are notoriously kind of blah days, but I kind of like them.  It is my day where I get back on track with life and recommit to make this week better than the last.  It is my day of going to the store while Deagan is at school, and it is my day of annoying people at the grocery store because I am using WIC checks.  

I have a love/hate relationship with WIC; it provides my family with $100+ of free, healthy food each month, but on the hate side, it is such a pain to use! Without fail when I use them the person at the cash register messes up and gets really annoyed with me. Today was no exception to that.  I held up a line for about 15 minutes, and I was so embarrassed and I know that the lady was frustrated.  I kept apologizing to everyone around me, and I practically ran out of the store when I was done.

And this happens every Monday.  I like routine, but I am not sure I like this part of my routine.  Oh the day when we don't have to rely on government programs!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I hate feeling like I am in people's way or holding up lines, but sometimes it is unavoidable. I'm sorry to hear you have to deal with that but sounds like it isn't really your fault.

Also, thanks so much for your gym advice. That is so helpful!

Brandi and Brent said...

I feel you there. We've been on WIC lately too and I'm finding myself not even using the checks because I am so embarrassed about holding up the line! I am trying to plan times to go when I know no one else will be at the store. What a pain - but then it's free food - so I guess we'll go with it.