Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Naps...oh how you tease me

Our boys are not good nappers.  I don't know what I am doing wrong, but we have struggled so much with them and their sleep! Talk about frustrating!  I am trying to "roll with the punches," but when I know they are tired and they won't sleep I have a hard time "rolling" with it.

What am I doing wrong here?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Naps... so bittersweet at times. One minute they are there and steady and reliable and the next, they disappear! Okay well maybe not for babies, but yeah, Layla hasn't taken a regular nap since January. No joke. She was about 2 and a half when her little body decided that it was over sleeping during the day. Every once and a while if I notice she's VERY tired, then I'll put on a movie or get her some books and she'll be quiet for a good hour or so. But I've had a lot of time to come to peace with that.

Gwen on the other hand... within the last month or so has finally began taking more reliable, scheduled naps. 2 a day. And I've tried to hold the mindset of almost expecting them NOT to nap, so if or when they do, it's SO nice. I don't push it though. I used to leave them in their bed at times, until they finally gave in to sleep. I still do with Gwen when I KNOW she needs a nap, but I've become much more easy going about it all. It makes everyone happier, usually.

What do I know though...