Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I am so behind...

I feel like life is a circle sometimes; the boys create messes; I clean up messes, the boys create messes; I clean up messes.  This is my life; day after day after day.  While I do enjoy cleaning and organizing, it feels like a hopeless cause as of late and I find myself falling behind. 

But despite that, everyone is doing well and we are enjoying having Greg home while he is off of school.  It is going to be hard to have him back in school in a few weeks because I have gotten use to him being around all the time to help with the kids.  It is so nice to have help!

Here are some other news from the Nelson home:

-I got a job working at a local daycare for 2 hours/day.  The timing of the job opening up and getting the job strengthen my testimony that we are being watched over.  Money has been tight, and we really need this!  I kind of have anxiety about being away from the boys thought even though they will be with Greg while I am gone.  They are in good hands I know, but I just am not use to this idea of being away from them.  I also am kind of worried about finding time to workout now since I normally work out during the time that I am going to be gone.  I will make it work though!!

-We are staying here for the Holidays are trying to take advantage of the time off to do things as a family.  We went to "Lights on the Lake" last night but we did not come out with any good pictures because of the lighting.  It was pretty cool though! It was a 2 mile drive with a ton of lights off the side of the road.  The boys fell asleep on the drive over, but Deagan woke up towards the end and was able to see part of it.  It is nice to have the down time though and to just be together as a family.

-Greg is applying for jobs non stop and has a lead in one job.  We are trying to not get our hopes up but they are already up unfortunately.  We are so tired of being so poor!

-Both boys are doing well.  Deagan was sick over the weekend with croup, but seems to be doing better now.  It is just that time of year when sickness is just unavoidable it seems.  He was screened at his preschool for any developmental delays and they think he has some kind of sensory delay.  We have been through a lot of paperwork and interviews the last month and we find out the outcome of it all tomorrow.  I am glad that there are services that will allow him to get help if he needs it, but I have to admit I am kind of upset about it all.  No parent wants to think there is something wrong with their child.  So we will just see what happens tomorrow.

-Kayden is 9 months old now and it such a joy! We have been working on sleep training lately, and he seems to be doing much better with his naps and sleep altogether.  If you know me and my feelings with sleep you know what a big deal this is to me! Of course things always come up thought like sickness or teething that throw things off, but I am hoping we have this down though despite any hiccups.  He has 4 teeth; 2 bottom and 1 front tooth and 1 "vampire" tooth. (I don't know the real name for it. My dad would be ashamed:)) He has the cutest smile because of his 2 top teeth.  He is a great eater and will eat anything you put in front of him.  He crawls all the time and get into everything.  He knows how to climb stairs so we have to keep a gate up all the time now.  He is just changing too fast!

I will try to get pictures up soon but for now this is how life is going!

No comments: