Saturday, February 5, 2011

Google It

This morning we woke up to a flat tire.  Not the best way to start the day.

I felt bad that Greg was the one who had to do it, but really there was no other option.  I thought about being a really nice wife and offering to change it, but then I remembered I have no idea where I would begin in trying to change a tire, so I held that thought back.  (As a side note, I really should learn how to do that though sometime.)

It was a really cold morning on top of having a flat tire, but Greg being the good sport that he is got bundled up and head out to change it.  I was doing the dishes while he was changing it, and I could tell it was not going as well as he would have liked.  He couldn't get the flat tire off and worked on it for a while.  I could tell he was getting frustrated, and I was getting worried because he was getting worried.  I prayed to myself that he would figure something out.

He came in not really sure what to do, so I suggested we pray for help.  Deagan offered to pray, and his prayer was "Dear Heavenly Father, thanks for helping daddy take the tire on. Amen." We thanked him for his prayer, and Greg went back out to see if he could work on it again.  While he was outside, I asked Deagan if he wouldn't mind praying this time to help daddy take the tire OFF. So he did, and it was precious.  Greg came in a few minutes later and said that he thought he should google it. So after a few minutes checking message boards on the topic, he went outside and managed to get the tire off! Success!

Later in the day Greg mentioned that he felt that our prayer was answered when he was prompted to google the problem, and I believe that that is true as well.  It is a wonderful day we live in where we can even find inspiration through google to help us in our daily lives.

So next time you need an answer; google it.

1 comment:

Maurine said...

Dad reminded me that you have AAA...so next time you are in a bind, give them a call!