...He listens and gives you a chance to do better.
I love that.
This year I have been trying to get up before anyone else is awake and before work (which ends up being around 5 am) to study scriptures. Its early, but I actually really love it. I love being awake before everyone else and having time to study in peace and quite and to feel the spirit. It is a great way to start the day, and really you all should try it :)
One morning during my study I was focusing on how I could do better. I was feeling particularly grumpy for some reason, and I was studying to help that feeling go away. I realized that I needed to focus more time and energy on serving other people, so I prayed that I would have a chance to be in service of someone that day.
We have great next door neighbors. We feel really blessed. They are a young couple and they have been a great support to have since moving here. The husband has been out of town this whole week, and the wife has needed help with their business and getting around. She doesn't drive, so we have been giving her rides all over. While it has not been really convenient, it has given us a lot of opportunities to talk and to share our beliefs with her. There truly is something great about serving others. You feel better after doing so, and I love that feeling. It has been a challenging week, but I realize that I asked for it when I prayed to know how I could improve myself. I know my prayer was answered! It is a great blessing to know we are not alone.
2 comments:
He will surely give you the opportunity thats for sure! And sometimes you have to be careful what you ask for! Seems like the most important times are always inconvenient. I am so glad you've had that experience, keep it up! You are such an example to me!
i love giving service. There is no greater way to feel our Savior's love and inspiration. And we definitely get what we pray for! I actually QUIT praying for missionary opportunities at one point. Ha! I know, that's bad. Our Savior will definitely put his needed ones in our path if we just pray for it. Good for you for putting so much work into your studies SO early in the morning! You WILL be blessed!
Post a Comment