So Greg left this afternoon for his job interview and will be back tomorrow night. It is just me and the boys now! This morning was really crazy busy for some reason, and I was not happy with how we all parted this morning. I envisioned it being much more exciting and romantic, but we were both running in different directions. Sad, but it isn't the end of the world I know. I think I just get these ideas in my head how I want certain things and events to play out, but I forget to take into account that when other people are involved I can't control the situation. You think I would learn this by now, but I am still learning!
Despite the rough start to the day, it has been a really good day. As soon as Greg left I said a prayer that I would have a good attitude and just be able to have fun with the boys while I am by myself, and I believe that prayer has been answered. I am very grateful for that! After Deagan's preschool, we went to the movies and saw "Gnomeo and Juliet." (Don't waste your money on this one. It was a painful hour and half; but that also might have had something to do with chasing an almost 1 year old up and down the stairs. Luckily we were the only people in the theater.) Deagan loves going to the movie; especially 3D ones. He likes to get his 3D glasses, but doesn't really wear them. It is so funny to me the age that we live in. We will watch a preview for a movie now and he will ask "Is that in 3D?"
After the movies, we came back and let the baby rest. We then went to the local Y so I could work out and the boys could play in the kids room. (I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the fact that the gym has child care. It really is my most favorite thing about where we live sometimes.) We got home a lot later than I was expecting, but I had dinner in the crock pot so dinner was easy and the boys went to bed easy! Not too bad with dad being gone! I was worried how tonight would go, and while the boys did not get their normal bath before bed I think we did ok.
With Greg being gone, I realize how much I depend on him. He really is my better half and he makes me feel safe and secure. Not that I don't feel that now, but I find myself more anxious with him gone. I am so grateful to have him in my life, and I am so blessed that he has the drive and ambition that he does. Because of that he has TWO job interviews tomorrow with some big name companies. I am so proud of him and the hard work that he has put into grad school these past 2 years. He is a great provider for our family, and I love him so much for that.
Tomorrow is another day with just the three of us, but I am excited for it! I have lots of things I want to do, so I am sure we will not be bored.
Now its on to cleaning and watching my shows; by myself. I am actually excited about it, so don't feel too bad for me! :)
2 comments:
I am sure Greg will do great! I kinda like having an evening to myself sometime filled with just watching shows and cleaning.
once in a while, its good to have a break from the men, but I agree with the safety and comfort thing. having the priesthood in the home makes a big difference. by now its almost over! we have been keeping you in our prayers for good health and the job search!
Post a Comment