Monday, February 28, 2011

Overcoming Fears



Some of you may know that I have a very silly but real fear of open water.  In fact, it is pretty pathetic just how scared I am on it.  It is embarrassing, but true.  

I have another blog, where I write about my passion for all things fitness and nutrition, and I posted on there that I have a goal to do a sprint triathlon.  The biking and running part of that I have no problem with, but it is the swimming part that terrifies me.  Our local gym has a training program set up, and I went to a swim clinic tonight.  I was in a level that was way too advanced me for, and I felt very embarrassed and insecure surrounded by other people who were MUCH more advanced than me, but despite that I found out that I am not half as bad as I thought.  I am going to try another level so I am with people who are more at my level, but I really want to do this.  I want to get better!

I know that swimming in a pool is TOTALLY different than swimming in a lake, but this is a first step in the right direction right? I really just want to get over this silly fear of mine!

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

AWESOME! way to go! i want to jion too!

Tom and Miriah said...

I LOVE the picture you posted with this, ha ha ha! And good for you; facing your fears like that. You are inspiring!