Friday, February 18, 2011

Where to go from here...

Well Greg did not get the job.  It was a hard rejection on both of us (more on him than me) but it has been tough to recover from.

He graduates in May, and not knowing where we will be going next is getting kind of scary.  I know that we will be lead to where the Lord wants us; I have no doubt of that.  But this is just a tough and scary time to be looking for jobs.  Please pray for us!

He does have an internship that is lined up for the summer, so we SOMETHING to fall back on.  Luckily we still have a few months until he is done, so we are praying that something works out in that time.

The hardest thing about all of this for me is that I don't like seeing Greg disappointed. Nothing I say or do can help him feel better, and that is hard for me.  To me, he is the most qualified and perfectly capable person for the job.  It is hard to not take rejection personally, but that is what he is trying to not do.  He is a lot better than me.

We are remaining optimistic, and we have amazing family and friends that are encouraging and supportive.  We are blessed.

************************

In other news, it is 54 degrees here today!!! We were in town this afternoon, and I was not wearing a coat.  It was heavenly! Deagan was even in the back yard playing for a while with no coat on.  This warm weather is only suppose to stay around today and then it is going to get back to single digits as a low this next week.  This warms weather is just teasing us, but I will take it for the time being!

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

I am sure Greg will find the right thing for your family! I am loving this weather too- oh wait- today its a blizzard.

Tom and Miriah said...

That is a scary place to be; graduating always is. But I know you two will pull through...with class! The hardest thing, like you said, is not being able to make him feel better. One thing I've learned is that you're efforts to lift his spirits and remain optimistic that another opportunity will come his way, does more than you can tell right now.
Wishing you all the best!