One of the biggest adjustments I felt when we first moved into our apartment was trying to figure out how to sort all of our trash, recycling, food, etc. Who would have thought it could be so difficult and that it could cause me so much anxiety, but it did. We have to sort all of our trash into the following compartments; food, paper, aluminum, plastic, Styrofoam, vinyl (plastic bags), glass, and then general garbage which then has to be put into a specific type of bag or else you get fined. It makes me tired just writing that out! The first few weeks it was such a pain to do all of that, and it would all just pile up in our apartment, and then it would become such a chore to take out. Thankfully we have since figured a cart system with wheels that we wheel in and out of the elevator once a week (sometimes longer if I have been lazy and missed pick up day).
The picture below is from letting the trash and recycling build up too long and we had to use the double jogger just to get it downstairs in the elevator. I think I was wearing Easton in a front pack in this picture with additional bags in each arm. We got, and continue to get, a lot of strange looks when we take out the trash. I have just come to terms with the fact that we will always get strange looks while living here. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment