I would like to think that we are an adventurous family, but I'm not sure how accurate that is. Most of the time though, the thought of taking all 3 kids out into the city is daunting. We decided to go hiking one weekend to get out of the city, and we ended up having a great time! This hiking trail is right off of a subway exit, so it was super easy to get to.
On the subway to the trail...
These boys. :)
Kayden found a great hiking stick at the beginning which helped him a lot. Since he had done so well hiking in Jeju, I was hoping he would do well here. He struggled though and there were many times where I felt I was begging him to keep going just because I didn't want to turn around.
Greg and I once again took turns carrying Easton to the top.
Pit stop!
Koreans expect their children to act a certain way when in public, and our children tend to act the opposite of that. Not that they are naughty, but just very busy and active. We get both positive and negative reactions to their energy, but most of the reactions on this hike were positive. The kids were running around and jumping all over the place at this rest area, and there were several people taking pictures of them.
After almost turning around several times, we made it to the top! I know I probably was a bit of a slave driver to get us all there, but I really wanted to make it to the top so I kept us going. It was worth it though! There was a place to get drinks and ice cream there, so we stopped and recharged for a bit.
There was also this cool palace and buddhist temple there. The kids wanted to go into the temple, which in hind sight might not have been appropriate, but they were very respectful and quiet. I feel like I might have ignorantly broken some kind of rule by doing that. That might have explained all the stares we were getting.
The hike was very steep and challenging coming up, but doable for our kids. It was a little scary coming back down since it was so steep, but we managed to make it to the bottom with only a couple of scraped knees. I consider that a success!























No comments:
Post a Comment