Sunday, November 15, 2015

My Mom's Visit: Saying Goodbye

My mom left on a Monday in the afternoon.  We spent the morning getting ready for her to go, which was so bittersweet.  It was fun to spend more time together, but we both knew we would have to say goodbye soon.  I don't like facing reality sometimes, so I just didn't bring it up.

We picked up the boys early from school so they could come with us. We finished up some last minute souvenir shopping she needed to do after we got them, then we went to the train station to catch the airport express train to the airport. The train was a super easy and convenient way to get there.  If you get there 3 hours early, you can check into the airport there and then leave your bags there.  We missed that cutoff by 10 minutes, so we ended up having to take all her luggage on the train with us.  It was quite the site I am sure hauling 3 kids, a stroller, and a suitcase everywhere, but we made it!

Once we got there, we found where my mom needed to check in, and then she waited for over 45 minutes just to check in.  Everything happened so fast from that point on.  The next thing I knew, we were saying goodbye. It was so so hard to say goodbye.  I don't know for sure when we will see my mom again, and that makes it so hard to live this far away.  I love where we live and I love the life we have built here, but the distance is so hard sometimes.  Thank goodness the invention of airplanes that allows us to get from one part of the world from the other!

I am so grateful for my mom and the sacrifice she made with time and money to visit us.  The trip was so wonderful. There were several hiccups; my mom got sick twice and her phone broke, but I feel like despite those things, the memories we made together made it all worth it.  I love my mom so much and am so grateful for the relationship we have built! Thanks for making the trip all the way out here to visit us mom!

No comments: